Thursday, August 20, 2009

weekend getaway

Last weekend the mister and I headed over to Utah for a weekend trip.
We flew into salt lake city on saturday morning and headed over to the temple.

There were so many people getting married and even though i didn't know them i was way excited for all of them. Every time we walked by a bride and groom i'd tell the mister, "aww look how cute, don't they look soo happy?!" i'm sure he thought my excitement for these strangers was amusing.
We took the trip to Utah to go to Tim and Ashley's reception. David and Tim were companions on the mission. The reception house was really pretty and everyone was so friendly.
We sat with Tim's grandparents who now live in utah and found out that the grandma was in my family ward back in the 70's and the grandpa's old work office was in covina, where david is from...small world.
Provothe provo templeA&W root beer!David's friend, John took us to the top of some mountain to see the city lights. You could see everywhere and there were soo many stars in the sky.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Tessa, BEAUTIFUL pictures!!! I wish I would have known you were coming up. We could've hung out. :(
So when are YOU getting hitched? HA!!!

Dustin and Melissa said...

Beautiful pictures of the temple. Glad you had a fun time in Utah!

Running with kids....it's about making the time now! said...

I am so sad that I didn't know you were here. I would have gone and seen you. I am glad that people were nice to you, and that you had a fun time here. Next time you come, tell me so we can get together.